I suggest you ...

Make games or bonuses timed exclusives

King Arthur's Gold and Sentinel, both recently IGS deals, have now appeared in other bundles only a week later, including the same bonuses offered with IGS, which is quite disappointing for IGS buyers. I think that in certain cases, IGS should seek timed exclusivity (perhaps 1 month) in order to improve value for customers and keep up IGS's reputation.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    shockedfrogshockedfrog shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • shockedfrogshockedfrog commented  · 

Well, I was a bit vague with the use of the word 'reputation' here - I've got a great deal of respect for the way IGS does things, but this kind of thing, even though it's clearly the developer's fault, can leave people disappointed about their IGS purchases. I'm mostly against exclusives too (though it depends on some details) and couldn't think of any better ideas. :)

• Tech SupportAdminTech Support (Tech Support, Indie Game Stand) commented  · 

I don't think we want to control or patrol what our game developers do following a deal on our site. Our contract is built explicitly to avoid exclusivity and developers are free to distribute their content however they like. I think this negatively impacts the developer's reputation - not ours - we don't control what a developer can or can't do.

Feedback and Knowledge Base