I suggest you ...

Make the average blind

I think the average should be blind. This would keep people from trying to just get by with the bare minimum because they don't know what it is. This would also make it impossible for complaints about missing the average by only a penny or two because no one would know what the average is. You either get the bonus material or not and that is the only way of knowing whether or not you beat it. Hopefully this would encourage higher payments overall. Theses games are already deeply discounted at $10.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RobbinxDeHoodRobbinxDeHood shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Stephan SokolowStephan Sokolow commented  · 

Horrible idea.

I have never heard of most of the things I buy and only pick them up because, once the beat the average boundary has stopped gyrating, it lands in the $1-2 range and I convince myself that, even though I'll never play it, spending $1-2 is a good way to ensure I can't ever possibly wind up kicking myself for choosing wrongly.

If I couldn't see exactly how cheapskate I could be (when rounding to 25¢ increments), there's next to no chance I'd pay at all.

(It's bad enough that I've bought 2/3rds of GOG.com's entire collection during various sales because "I always wanted this when I was a kid" even though the only games I wind up playing these days are OpenTTD, Minecraft, FTL, Triple Town, Don't Starve, KSudoku, and and a Tetris clone for Win3.1 with catchy music named BrickLayer.)

If there are many other people teetering on the edge of "impulse buy" the way I am, this could catastrophically reduce revenues.

• Ralph BigioRalph Bigio commented  · 

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this site...

• InnomenInnomen commented  · 

If you want to pay more, goto the dev pages directly. The whole point of gamestand is promotions.

• N/A N/AN/A N/A commented  · 

Awful idea. To pay more then mimimum and to be guaranteed that you get stuff you paid for? Russian roulette its called.
        I better not pay more then minimum when to trow money with such condition.

Feedback and Knowledge Base